Nairobi is one of the best cities in Africa you can start a business. In today’s business guide we shall share with you guidelines on how to start a business in Nairobi.
With the increasing number of inhabitants in Nairobi, it has become very suitable to start a business as the demand for goods and services is very high.
For that reason, it makes it easier for any business to flourish in a short time.
Starting a business anywhere can be quite hectic.
One needs capital, space for the business, business permits, and even licenses and certificates.
Table of Contents
How Much Does It Really Cost To Start A Business In Nairobi?
For one to start a successful business in Nairobi, there are a lot of things to put together.
Depending on the size and nature of the business in mind, capital may vary.
One may need about 500,000 Kenya shillings to 1,000,000 Kenya shillings.
This will be enough to cater to the permits, certificates, and rented space.
What Are The Legal Requirements For Starting An Enterprise In Kenya?
Starting a business in Nairobi requires one to meet certain requirements for the business to run smoothly.
Here are the requirements for starting a business in Kenya:
1. First, you must go to The Nairobi City Council and find out the permits that you will require to run the business.
You can go to the offices physically or visit the website to know more details.
2.The next website to visit is the Kenya Revenue Authority website. This will give you information on how the taxes will be charged and paid.
3. You can also get a lawyer to represent your company and help you with the registering process.
4. Get a unique business name and register it. It is very ideal for small businesses and big businesses to register a company name using a lawyer.
It may require funds of around 20,000 Kenyan shillings to 35,000 Kenya shillings.
5. You can also get a company seal and certificate of incorporation for about 2,500 Kenyan shillings.
6. The next important thing is the City council business permit. Without this permit, it is really hard to start any business in Nairobi.
The cost may vary depending on the size of the business and premises. Upon payment, you will get a receipt and a certificate later in about a week.
7. Health is another really important sector in any business, especially food-related businesses.
One is required to have a health certificate upon inspection by a health officer.
8. A fire safety certificate is also required to ensure the safety of your employees, yourself, and customers.
What Business Can I Start In Nairobi
In Nairobi, many opportunities can be exploited to make a living.
Here are some ideas of the business you can establish and run in Nairobi:
We hope this business guide will be helpful to you. Do not hesitate to share with us your opinions about this guide.