Everybody wants to smell good with a sweet fragrance that will make one turn and look at them twice. Do you want to make money by making people smell good? Then in today’s guide, we are going to elaborate on how to start a perfume business in Ghana.
There has always been a high demand for perfume since it forms a greater part of our fashion life.
Many can’t do without it, because they feel complete and happy in their fashion life when they have their best fragrance on them.
Have you ever experienced a situation where at a gathering, where people keep asking about the type of perfume others use due to the sweet fragrance on them?
Well, it’s a norm these days, and everyone wants to search for new trending perfumes.
People love sweet fragrance, so whenever they smell such, they also want to have the same on them by purchasing the same product for their daily life activities.
Types Of Perfumes With High Demand
There are four types of perfumes to choose from when stocking your perfume shop, and each one of them comes at different prices due to how they function.
Below are the four types of perfumes you can sell to make more profit:
1. Eau de Parfum – This is the strongest type of perfume we sell and buy.
It contains between 10 to 20 percent of perfume oil and can last on you for about 8 hours.
2. Eau de Toilette – this type of perfume contains about 5% to 15% of perfume oil.
They have a sharp smell when used but fades out gradually, and they can last for 4 – 7 hours.
3. Eau de Cologne – this is the type of perfume that has a lighter smell, contains between 2% and 4% of perfume oil.
They can only last for 2 to 3 hours.
4. Eau Fraiche – this perfume type has the lightest smell with 1% to 2% of perfume oil.
This perfume is good for people who don’t like heavy scents.
Types Of Perfumes With Good Fragrance
As an entrepreneur, you can choose perfume based on fragrance when stocking the shop. Some of the fragrance to choose from are:
1. Fresh – this fragrance is citrus-based and is made from lemon, mandarin, and bergamot.
They usually consist of citrus, water, and green notes.
2. Floral – This type of fragrance has the scent of a flower, and they form part of the most popular and broadest fragrance used in perfume.
3. Oriental – This type of fragrance is warm, sweet, and sometimes a little spicy
4. Woody – This type of fragrance is made from wood-based smells like cedarwood, sandalwood, vetiver, and amber.
They are warm, mysterious, and captivating in smell.
Factors To Consider When Starting A Perfume Business In Ghana
Below are some common factors you must consider when starting a perfume business in Ghana:
- Build a good business plan that will coincide with your start-up capital.
- Choose the right location for your business.
- Register business.
- Choose the right distributors or suppliers to buy from for a fair and reasonable price.
- Advertisement is key to being a successful player in the perfume business.
- Familiarise yourself with the type of perfume and fragrance that have higher demands.
- Choose products of good quality and affordable prices.
- Know your target market.
How Much Does It Cost To Start Perfume Business In Ghana
Investing in the perfume business in Ghana may involve a higher or lower start-up capital.
It all depends on whether you want to run on a small-scale or large-scale operation.
Therefore, the capital involved when starting a perfume business in Ghana ranges between 500 and 20,000 Ghana cedis depending on your scale of operation.
Is The Perfume Business Profitable In Ghana
Due to the high demand for perfume and the role it plays in our fashional lifestyle, it will be advisable if you consider investing in the perfume business.
That is because the profit that comes with a well-operated perfume business is mind-blowing.
Many people are interested to buy any perfume so far as it’s trending on the market, and that gives you regular sales.
Therefore, a profit of about 50% to 70% percent can be made when the business is handled well.
Best Places To Start Perfume Enterprise In Accra & Kumasi
Below are some of the places to start a perfume business in Ghana:
- Market centers
- Storefronts along busy roads
- Commercial areas
- Tertiary institutions
- Social media
How To Sell Perfume On Social Media In Ghana
To sell perfume on social media, follow the guidelines below:
1. Choose the right perfume for your business, get to know about the demand for the product.
2. create a flier for your business.
3. Share your business with friends through groups on social media.
4. Share photography of products on your page, story, or by inboxing friends.
5. Get a delivery strategy in place.
6. Deliver on time and be transparent and truthful to your customers.
How To Run A Successful Perfume Business In Ghana
To be a successful player in the perfume business, consider the following measures:
- The choice of a good location for your business is a key factor to business success.
- Good customer relationships must be ensured.
- Good customer care must be practiced, educate and alert customers with new products on the market.
- Be determined and hardworking.
- Serve customers with quality but affordable products.
- Stay reliable to clients, don’t give them the room to choose to buy from elsewhere.
- There will be competition from other players in the business. Just do your best to make a fair share out of the market.
Challenges You May Face In The Perfume Business In Accra & Kumasi
The list below are some of the challenges faced by the perfume businesses in Ghana:
1. The high cost from suppliers and distributors
2. The high cost of importation
Benefits Of Setting Up Perfume Enterprise In The Country
Below are some of the benefits of setting up a perfume business in Ghana;
- The flow of financial income
- Creation of jobs
- It has improved upon lives
- It creates revenue for the government
That is the information we can provide on how to start a perfume business in Ghana.