I know you’re thinking of investing in the okada business but don’t know how to go about it, so in this guide, we are going to help with the necessary information on how to start an okada business in Ghana.
The okada business is a form of transportation system where motorcycles operate as a taxi.
For some period of years now, the okada business has taken over Ghana’s transportation system, even though the laws of Ghana prohibit the use of tricycles and motorcycles for commercial purposes.
But the higher demand on the okada business has made it impossible for the government to take action against it despite what the law says.
Have you realized the rate at which the okada business is booming? If you are not paying attention to the business,
I will like you to have a steady look at the okada business in Ghana.
Therefore, in this article, we will elaborate on how to start an okada business in Ghana.
The okada business in Ghana is run in two forms, they are:
1. The form of okada business where the investor runs the business by self
2. Running the okada business by hiring a qualified okada rider to help in business operation
Things To Consider When Starting Okada Business In Ghana
Before you think of running an okada business in Ghana, the following measures have to be put in place:
1. Buy the right motorcycle for the business
2. Register your motorcycle
3. Location of your business operation is a key factor
4. Choose the right employee for business operation
The Cost Of Running Okada Business In Ghana
The cost of establishing yourself in the okada business in Ghana ranges between (3,500 – 5,500) Ghana cedis.
Is The Okada Business In Ghana Profitable
Even though there are bad rumors about the okada business in Ghana, but the rate at which people patronize okada is beyond expectation.
Therefore, an investor can make 100% of the capital invested in 6 months of operation.
Best Areas To Start Okada Business In Ghana
Some of the best areas to choose in running the okada business in Ghana include;
1. Mining communities
2. Communities with bad roads
3. Cities with high vehicular traffic
4. Remote areas with few cars
How To Run A Successful Okada Business In Ghana
To run a successful okada business in Ghana, the choice for a good and qualified motor rider must be highly considered.
This is because a good okada rider will make good sales and ensure customers’ safety and good maintenance and safety.
Challenges Faced By The Okada Business In Ghana
Many challenges face the okada business, and they include;
1. Public criticism is affecting many okada operators
2. Bad roads are affecting the business with a high rate of accidents
Benefits Of Setting Up The Okada Business In Ghana
1. The okada business comes with a good profit
2. It has supported the transportation system in Ghana by servicing communities with few vehicles.
3. Their low price of operation has been of help to clients
4. It has helped other businesses like filling station operators. This is because the purchase of petroleum products has increased.
That is the information we can provide on how to start an okada business in Ghana.