Maybe your dream is to own a restaurant? Then this guide might worth reading, as we are going to enlighten you on how to start a restaurant business in Ghana.
In recent times, the busy lifestyle of people in the city has made it impossible for many to cook for themselves, but rather prefer to eat from nearby food joints.
Restaurants with the best recipe and services are making a huge sum of profit every day, that is because everyone wants something good when it comes to what we consume for survival.
Therefore, knowing the best way to run a restaurant can make your business one of the successful ones that people will never stop suggesting to friends and family to give it a try for your services.
Before you think of investing in the restaurant business, an investor must first know the type of restaurant he/she wants to establish.
Types Of Restaurants In Ghana
The types of restaurant you can operate in Ghana include:
1. Fast Food
2. Fast Casual
3. Food Trucks
4. Pop-up Restaurants
5. Sports Bar
6. Casual Dining
7. Fine Dining
Common Equipment You Must Get Before You Start Your Restaurant
For your restaurant to function, several types of equipment are to be made available for business operation, including the following:
2. Ranges and ventilation
3. Food processors
4. Food prep counter
5. Cutting boards
6. Freezers and refrigerators
9. Washing equipment
10. Safety equipment
11. Storage racks and shelving
12. Storage containers
15. Cooking equipment
18. Sharpening stone
19. Kitchen display system
20. Point of sale system
The restaurant business is booming, and it is never going to slow down since the middle-class people of the country keep increasing. Therefore, the high demand for restaurants is yet to grow bigger and better.
Things You Must Do Before You Start Restaurant Business In Ghana
Below are some of the things required before you start a restaurant business:
1. Build a good business plan that suits your capital for operation
2. Register your business
3. A good choice of location is important
4. A good chef for good services
5. Implement take-out or delivery service
6. Choose a menu style for business operation
7. A good seating option is required
8. Advertisement is key to making your business successful
How Much Does It Cost To Start Restaurant Business In Ghana
The actual cost of running a restaurant business in Ghana solely depends on the type of restaurant you want to establish.
But, establishing yourself in the business comes with a high cost between (25,000 – 40,000) Ghana cedis.
Is The Restaurant Business Profitable In Ghana
Even though the restaurant business is not a short-term earner, this is because people care about the quality of what they consume.
So, you’ll have to win the trust of customers to start gaining high profits. Once your business reaches its peak, the profit that will come with it will exceed expectations.
Therefore, the restaurant business is a lucrative business that is advisable to invest in.
Good Places To Start Restaurant Business In Ghana
Below are some of the best places to consider when setting up your restaurant business in Ghana:
2. Business centers
3. Around bus stations
4. Tertiary institutions
5. Along busy roads in the city
How To Run A Successful Restaurant Business In Ghana
The following are some of the measures to consider for a successful restaurant business:
1. Your choice of location should be easily accessible with parking space and large enough to accommodate customers
2. Develop a loyal customer base
3. Food and staff hygiene should be ensured
4. Try to take opinions to improve upon your services
5. Hardwork and determination contribute to your success
Challenges Faced By The Restaurant Business In Ghana
Below are some of the challenges facing the restaurant business in Ghana:
1. Business is a long term earner
2. The cost involved in running the business is high
Benefits Of Setting Up Restaurant Business In Ghana
The list below are the benefits of setting up a restaurant business in Ghana:
1. Financial income is assured
2. It is fast and efficient
3. It has improved upon lives
4. It has created job opportunities for many professionals
This is the information we have at our disposal on how to start a restaurant business in Ghana.