One of the environments that create relaxation and pleasure for vacationers is the resort centers. Therefore this article will serve our readers with detailed information on how to start a resort business in South Africa.
So, we entreat you to keep reading because the chapters that follow in this guide are the information you’ll need to plan, execute, commence, run and manage your resort business.
A resort comes with a scenic environment that offers various services such as food, rooms, shopping centers, sports facilities, health facilities, entertainment facilities, and many others, all in one location intending to enliven customers physically and mentally.
Starting a resort comes with a whole lot of investment. This is because you’re creating different facilities all in one location which can meet the physical and mental needs of vacationers.
A lot goes into the planning, plan execution, business commencement, running, and management of resort business. Therefore the chapters that follow in this guide are the detailed information you’ll need to start your resort business in South Africa.
Table of Contents
What You Need To Start A Resort Business In South Africa
To make your resort business dream a reality, consider the following basic requirements to help you start your business successfully:
1. Business Plan: write a business plan that covers location, structure, service type, staffing, and any other aspect of your resort business. A good business plan can help you seek funds from potential investors or financial institutions
2. Choice of Location: acquiring a prime area that has the prospects of a good tourist site is the best for your resort business in South Africa.
The majority of vacationers prefer areas with sandy beaches and environments with endangered forests forming part of their scenic beauty.
Therefore if you find difficulties in locating a place as described, contact a local realtor for assistance.
3. Land Purchase: acquire a leasing property from the right owners of the land, also ensure that the legal documents of the property are acquired to prevent any form of dispute with the property owner
4. Zoning: it required to zone your business location to ensure whether it will be possible or not to develop your resort structures on your land
5. Market Research: conduct extensive research into the resort market, get to know the potential competitors and what they offer to be able to develop a resort that can compete for the market
6. Target Market: knowing your target market is very important to help determine whether to target the locals or the international tourists trooping in and out of South Africa
7. Location Transformation: after approval from the local municipality of the location of your premises, commence with the raising of structures on your land
8. Type of Services: knowing your target market and conducting good market research will present to you the kind of services customers want, therefore depending on your financial capability, you’ll have to choose what you can provide to compete with other resort businesses in the market
9. Business Name: a catchy business name that speaks about your business is perfect for the business. Always choose a name that is easy to memorize
10. Business Registration: register with SARS for taxation
11. Business Insurance: provide insurance for your business to help cover up the loss in times of disaster and to cover up the expenses in protecting staff
12. Staffing: know that your staff’s work ethic is what will keep customers coming back for your services. Therefore choose the right staff for the right job and provide service training for staff to ensure that they are fully equipped for the business operation
13. Staff Payment Policy: strategize a reasonable payment policy for workers to keep them always wanting to work with you. A high or low payment for staff affects business. Therefore a good payment policy has to be implemented to keep the business running
14. Branding: build a brand that helps you to stand tall among other competitors, give potential customers the reason why they must come for your service
15. Advertisement: run an effective advertisement for your business. Advertisement plays a major role to help sell your business to the public and attract many customers
How Much Does It Cost To Start A Resort Business In South Africa
The startup cost of resort business in South Africa differs depending on the kind of structures you can raise and the type of services you want to offer, but always know it takes millions of Rand to set up a resort business.
Is The Resort Business Profitable In South Africa
The resort business is one of the lucrative businesses to ever invest in. The resort center also serves as a tourist site to the public, hence attracting many potential customers who want to enjoy your services for relaxation and pleasure and making the business see a handsome profit after every business day.
Best Places To Start A Resort Business In South Africa
Below are some of the best places to set up your resort business in South Africa
1. Areas with good forest views
2. Areas with sandy beaches
3. Coastal areas
How To Make A Resort Business Successful In South Africa
The following are some of the factors to consider to help run a successful resort business in South Africa:
1. A good choice of business location is key to your success in the business
2. Good customer service
3. offering an unlimited 24/7 service
4. Hard work and determination
5. Modernized structures play a vital role in attracting customers
6. Effective technology services
Challenges In The Resort Business In South Africa
Below are some of the challenges in the resort business in South Africa:
1. Capital intensive to start and manage
2. High service cost
3. Social discrimination (services are afforded by the high-income population)
Benefits Of Setting Up A Resort Business In South Africa
The following are some of the benefits of setting up a resort business in South Africa:
1. Generates income for the government
2. Job creation
3. Serves as a place for mental and physical relaxation
4. Business comes with financial profit
5. It has improved and sustained the hospitality and tourism industry
That is the information we can provide on how to start a resort business in South Africa.