Maybe you think getting a certificate for your business is a stressful procedure to undertake. In this guide, we are going to help you understand how to get a certificate for your business in Ghana.
Certificate acquisition for your business in Ghana is the procedure that helps business owners register the name and activities of their business under The Registrar General Department.
Are you thinking of how to acquire a certificate for your business?
Then, this quick article is going to guide you through the process and requirements needed for registration.
Registering your business under The Registrar General Department to acquire your business certificate can be done two ways. These are:
1. The walk-in procedure (by visiting the department office)
2. Online procedure
In this business guide, we will learn how to acquire a business certificate using the registration form A.
This form is for business under sole proprietorship.
Needed Requirement For Filling Registration Form A
Registration form A comes in 3 different forms. These are;
1. Cover Note Form
2. Form A
3. Tax Payer Registration Form Individual
Things You Need To Fill Your Cover Note Form
To rightly fill your cover note form, the following must be made available:
1. Proposed business name
3. Ghana Card (national identity card)
Things You Need To Fill Your Form A Form
The following must be provided when filling the form A business form.
1. Business Name (provide three names for search for availability of name).
2. Nature of business
3. Principal business activity
4. Registered office address
5. Principal place of business
6. Postal address
8. Proprietor or proprietress details
9. Residential address of proprietor or proprietress
10. MSME (Ministry of Small, Micro, and Medium Enterprise) details
11. Business operating permit (BOP) request
Note: Taxpayers registration form individual is only attended to when the proprietor or proprietress don’t have a TIN.
How To Register Your Business In Ghana
To successfully register your business in Ghana, here are the steps to follow:
1. Pick a ticket for your registration form A
2. Wait till you are called from your ticket number
3. Submit your filled form A with all the supporting document for validation by the inspector
4. A payment slip will be generated for you to make payment
5. Your business document is left at the in-house bank for onward process
6. Decision is made to approve your business registration proposal
7. When your proposal is approved, your business certificate and other document are issued
Hurray, you have your business certificate by using the walk-in procedure.
How To Get Business Certificate Online
The following process below is a step-by-step guide on how to get a business certificate online.
1. Visit the Registrar’s-General Department website for forms by clicking on this link: https://rgd.gov.gh/forms.html
2. Click on sole proprietorship in the list to download forms
3. Print, fill, sign and scan registration form A and other required documents
4. Create an account as a portal user
5. Log into your portal user account
6. Select the sole proprietorship link on the welcome page
7. Select sole proprietorship link again
8. Click on the ‘Create New’ button if the name has not been reserved or click on the ‘Create From Name Reservation’ button for a reserved business name
9. Select sole proprietorship from the dropdown list
10. Type your business name and click on Proceed button
11. Certificate and other documents are issued when the proposal is approved
12. Input data, upload scanned and signed document
13. Click on the “make payment online” link to pay online
14. The status of your registration will be communicated via SMS
15. Click on the eCertificate link to save or print the certificate and other supporting documents after approval is given.
This is all the detailed information we can provide for now on how to get a business certificate in Ghana.