Are you looking for profitable business ideas in Kenya? Worry not, in today’s guide we shall share with you details on how to start Cereal Business in Kenya.
Kenya being the center of agriculture it has many opportunities that can be exploited to earn money.
For instance, starting a cereal business can be very beneficial, and the capital required is fair.
How Much Capital Do I Need To Start A Cereal Business In Kenya
The best capital to venture into the cereal business is at least 15,000 Kenyan shillings. With this, you can start by buying 10kg of each cereal in demand.
If you have your building, you can skip the rent part, but if you are renting, you will need some rent depending on the cost of the building.
Tips For Starting A Cereal Business In Kenya
To start a Cereal Business in Kenya, below are some good tip to consider:
1. To start, you will need to research the market. Find a place with many customers and ready cereals for purchase.
2. The next thing you will have to do is identify a business location that is safe and can easily be accessed by consumers
3. Another important thing to do is acquire a business permit from the authorities.
4. As a Kenyan, you will also be responsible for paying tax at KRA for your business.
5. Know the cereals that you are going to stock your business with.
6. Know how you will store your cereals so that rodents can’t spoil them or humidity cant as cereals require careful handling.
7. Last but not least, calculate the costs of the rent, the cost of business licenses and permits, and the cost of the cereals.
Types Of Cereals Good For Business In Kenya
Below are types of Cereals with high demands in Kenya:
- Beans: including yellow beans, Nyayo, Rocco, Butter beans, Gachuma and Mwitemania
- Rice: which also has varieties including Pure Mwea, Pakistan, Sindano, Basmati, Five stars,
- Green grams: also referred to as Ndengu, includes nylon, Makueni, and ordinary ones.
- Groundnuts or Porridge flour – Wimbi, Mtama, Mawele, and Baridi
Benefits of starting a cereal business in Kenya
The cereal business is profitable as people cannot go a day without consuming food.
Cereals have a long term before they can expire. Thus, you are assured of swelling some of it, if not all, before the term of expiry ends.
That is all we have for you on how to start Cereal Business in Kenya.
- How To Start Farming Business In Ghana – Farming Business Ideas
- How To Trade In The Nairobi Stock Exchange – Start Trading In NSE Stocks
- How To Start A Gym Business In South Africa
- How To Start Fabric Business In Ghana – Profitable Fabric Business Ideas
- How To Start Fast Food Business In Nairobi – Great Tips For Fast Food Joint
- How To Start A Restaurant Business In Nairobi – Restaurant Business Ideas
- How To Start A Hair Business In Lagos – Hair Beauty Business Ideas
- How To Start A Bread Business In Lagos – Profitable Bread Business Ideas
- How To Start A Profitable Frozen Food Business In Lagos, Nigeria (2021)
- How To Start A Logistics Business In Lagos – Logistics Business Ideas (2021)